The vision of discovery is to be a church of grace-filled people, so that the Gospel is transferred from generation to generation.
We believe God has a purpose for everyone and that none of us are called to sit on the sidelines. As a church, we want to do whatever we can to help people walk closer to God and experience the life and the hope that He has for them. We have something for everyone
We will dig into topics such as salvation and repentance, our identity in Christ, personal spiritual practices, how to steward everything God has entrusted to us, how to share our stories with others, and we will explore the core beliefs of our Christian faith.
Our Statement of Faith
- Jesus Christ:Jesus Christ is true God and true man. Having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, the complete and final sacrifice for our sins according to the scriptures.
- The Holy Spirit:The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify The Lord Jesus Christ and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service
- Salvation:The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ by faith are born the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
- Future Events:There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead of the everlasting blessedness and joy with The Lord, and of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
- The Church:The true church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ has been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the head.
- Baptism:Water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior is a testimony of death to sin and resurrection to a new life.